Friday, July 2, 2010

Making a run for it

I bought a box of these little yellow tomatoes. We had most of them for dinner last night.  I cut up 1/2 an eggplant into small cubes, drizzled the tomatoes and eggplant with olive oil, added salt and pepper and roasted them for an half hour.  Yum!

I saved these tomatoes to paint.  I loved the contrast between this bowl and the yellow of the tomatoes, but the bowl was too large.  So I leaned it against the wall and let the tomatoes spill out.  It looks to me like the two on the table are trying to organize an escape.  It didn't work though.  They were salad tonight.

The color of my photo isn't quite right.  I usually take my painting outside on a sunny day to photograph, but we've had rain for three days now.   So this is an indoor shot.

(Click on the painting to view larger)

7 comments:

  1. will you take it again so we can see the colors? I like how this is coming up, more oranges and blues and grays and a bit of purple, it's really lovely - wold be interested in seeing it again - I like the composition and I'm going to try this recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far we haven't had any sunshine! We are still getting showers due to the hurricane. I'll try again once the weather changes. And thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments on my blog. My poison oak is about healed after the second set of prednisone tablets.

    I think you're doing great with your paintings. They're very nice. Congratulations on your retirement and good luck with the painting classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog, Virginia. We have a similar story. I've been painting for 2 years and blogging since January. I'm having a blast and you seem to be having fun, too. I am going to follow your blog and I look forward to seeing more of your work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Linda! I had actually looked at your blog several time by way of the Texas Artists website. I didn't realize you were new to blogging, also. II will follow your blog so we can see how each other is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done. Love your colors...and...thank you for your comment on my lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really nice Virginia! Beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete