Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lemons, silver pitcher wine bottle


Here's the little silver pitcher again. I'm sure I'll be painting it many times. This was a two hour study I did in my class. The little white bowl has ridges on it, and I had to figure out how to make them. I didn't want them to look like stripes. Everything is a challenge to me.

My husband and resident critic liked it. He said, "Wow, you can see through the wine bottle." So I felt like this was a good day.

(Click on the painting to view larger)

3 comments:

  1. Virginia I am thrilled to discover your blog and I look forward to seeing more! I like your sensible approach to color and volume and you do a great job on surfacs, especially in this painting. I will be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouragement! It's a little daunting to decide to put your paintings out for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete