Friday, May 13, 2011

Pot of Geraniums



At the risk of repeating myself, I'm posting this again.  Blogger deleted it yesterday.  If they add the orginal  back, I'll just delete the duplicate.

I managed to make the time for myself to go to my painting class this week.  I had worked on this for several weeks in class.  The hardest part was the leaves.  I couldn't make them look like geranium leaves, and I kept wiping and painting again.  I'm mostly satisfied with these.

I did several small sketches before I painted this larger one, so I'm a little tired of geraniums.  I have started my next painting for class, which will be some hydrangeas.  They are cluster flowers like geraniums, but at least I'll get to use some different colors.

Click on the painting to view larger.  12 inch X 16 inch oil on stretched canvas.

6 comments:

  1. Geranium leaves are certainly unique. I think you did a great job here. I recently bought some dark red geraniums because of your paintings, Virginia! Up till now I only had pink. Have fun with the hydrangias, and thanks for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely geraniums. I really like the loose strokes. So soft and fresh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geraniums have turned out to be lovely. I think you did a great job with the leaves. Glad you are getting your brush to canvas:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is soft and delicate. The flowers are very luminous and seem to glow. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete