Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Still Waters (# 8 after Kevin Macpherson)


12 " X 16 " oil on stretched canvas


This was my first attempt to paint water.  I really enjoyed trying to make it look like the trees were reflecting in the lake.  Again, I am trying to learn to paint trees.  My favorite part of the painting is the two pine trees on the left.

I have been so busy in my "other life"  these days, that my only time spent painting is the two classes I take each week.  I have been painting, but not blogging much.  I will try to catch up on some of your work soon!



10 comments:

  1. Very nice, Virginia! Love the colors and your reflections are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, Virginia! So glad to see a new post. It looks like you're learning how to paint trees beautifully. It looks very realistic as well as the reflections of the trees in the water. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une bien jolie peinture... un travail minutieux et sincèrement j'admire celui de l'eau...
    gros bisous à vous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the reflections, and I DO like those two

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece Virginia. The colors in the water against the warms in the trees are wonderful. Have missed your postings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is a very good thing to paint from another artist, Virginia. You did a fine job, but I bet you could go outside and strike out on your own and do just fine. I, too, am trying to learn to paint en plein aire and I surely can feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see your work again, Virginia. Not spending so many hours working in the garden now it is up and blooming!
    This is really lovely with the sky blue reflections and golden trees. Great job with letting the eye still go back in the distance. I think it is the hazy gray/blue at the bottom on the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're back. Don't be too hard on yourself, your trees are very nice. I prefer your trees in the foreground (right side).

    ReplyDelete